Thursday, October 12, 2006

for your visual pleasure...

ladakh has cast a spell. exploring the dusty corners and edges of leh has been wonderous. i have cast off my commitments to the south...meaning i have cancelled my classes in kerala...and i open myself to the messages brought to me upon the windhorse. stay tuned for another post on that decision.

in the meantime, i have finally figured out how to post my own pictures on this blog. all previous posts contain images i have found on the web. please enjoy these simple attempts at photography...click on images to enlarge.



ruins of pre-buddhist tisseru stupa in foreground, leh town behind stupa, the indus river carving out its course behind leh, and the village of stok on the far side of the indus valley at the foothills of the stok range


victory fort and gompa above leh


my prayer flags...looking down on sankar, upper leh


afternoon light on leh..from shanti stupa. the sandy, inclined "field" in the centre of the photo is the world's highest...wait for it...golf course.


looking south towards the stok range...steps leading to stok palace


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures Roy, very well done. Keep loving and learning my dear

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home